Singapore has evolved a lot from the olden days, and now many of the newer and renovated hotels (especially 5 star and 4 star hotels) have accessible rooms that come with features like wiide entrance, roll-in shower, spacious toilets equipped with seat and grab bars. Following are some of them.
Disclaimer: Note that some of the information may be outdated. So it is adviced that you directly check with the hotel first (via web site or help line) on your requirements before making any decision. The information below is to be used as guideline only.
Marina Bay Sands Hotel
Top hotel in one of the best locations of the city. Has accessible rooms specially for wheelchair users, spread across various priced tiers. The infinity pool on the top floor is also accessible, so a wheelchair user can move around and enjoy the view. The hotel is quite expensive though.
Four Seasons Hotel @Orchard
There are 2 elder-friendly and accessible rooms provided on level 6. Bathrooms have roll-in shower equipped with grab bars.
Royal Plaza on Scotts
Accessible guest rooms are located at level 4, 5 and 6,
M Social Hotel @Robertson Quay
Accessible rooms available with features like grab bars in bathroom/toilet.
Equarius Hotel @ Resorts World Sentosa
Accessible Hotel Rooms are located at level 3 and 4 respectively, equipped with accessible toilet, accessible shower and lower switch buttons;
Hard Rock Hotel @ Resorts World Sentosa
Accessible Guest Rooms are located at level 3 and equipped with accessible toilet, accessible shower and lower switch buttons;
Capella Hotel @Sentosa
Accessible Hotel Rooms are located at level 3 and are equipped with wider entrance, accessible toilet and accessible shower.
Shangri La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort
Accessible Hotel Rooms are located at level 3 and level 8 and are equipped with lower bed, accessible toilet and accessible shower
Genting Hotel @Jurong
There are accessible guest rooms at Level 11, 12 and 13. The toilets are fitted with grab bars and shower seat. There are accessible water closet, wash basins. here is adequate space at doorway and within compartment.
Other hotels claimed to have good accessible features
- Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel – specially designed wheelchair-friendly rooms
- Grand Hyatt Hotel – accessible guestrooms are in levels 5 and 6 and come installed with grab bars.
- Hotel Fort Canning -provides wheelchair accessible room with grab bars installed in the bathrooms and toilets for elderly guests.
- Bay Hotel – 2 accessible hotel rooms with accessible toilets, shower and switch buttons.
- PARK ROYAL on Pickering Hotel – handicap-accessible rooms available
- Dorsett Hotel @Chinatown – includes wheelchair accessible rooms.
- Furama Riverfront Hotel – one accessible deluxe room.
- Ritz Carlton
- Pan Pacific
- Marina Mandarin
- Meritus Mandarin
- Fullerton Hotel
1. Friendly Built Environment Portal, BCA, http://www.bca.gov.sg/friendlybuilding/
2. Trip Advisor Forum